Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Prep for Nationals

Hey everyone!

So I have been super busy ever since I won my title last Sunday. This is crazy! I have just under three weeks to prepare for the national competition. I am literally eating a breathing PREPARATION! I wake up every morning and workout with my wonderful fitness trainer, John Morris of Profit on I st. He is amazing and even though it has not been that long I am already seeing a difference. I was working out before but John has put a new spin on things and I'm really seeing the benefits. He has me on this diet. I love it. It's called the Sacred Heart Diet. I'll have to share it with you all one of these days. Besides all that I am staying very up to date with current events, practicing public speaking whenever I can, going through tough mock interviews, and many other things to prepare me for the interview and on stage question portions of the pageant. I am working with my gown sponsors, La Casa Hermosa, to find a new gown to wear on stage. I am also working with my talent costume sponsors, Designs to Shine, to find the perfect little number for my dance to "Bring Me Flowers". Speaking of talent, I am working very hard on perfecting my routine. I won talent at the state pageant but that does not mean I can slack off. I have to keep working. Whew.....I know I know...it's a lot.

I am really excited! I cannot wait to show the judges what the District of Columbia is made of!

Well until the next time guys. XoXo,

Hope!
Miss Teen DC 09

1 comment:

  1. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."

    -Og Mandino

    Hope,
    You have proven that obstacles and challenges that we go through are mere stepping stones toward our ULTIMATE successes. Keep that in mind at ALL times..

    Love Aunt Stacy and Uncl Hal

    ReplyDelete