Thursday, July 30, 2009

Excited for what is to come....

Hey everyone! I leave in just about a week for Orlando. I am very nervous but even more excited for all that I am about to encounter. I posted this note on my facebook and I am now bringing it here to my blog. Please read and enjoy!!

I want to thank everyone who came to the DC pageant to support me! Thank you so much. I had the loudest cheering section at the Lincoln Theater. You guys are amazing! I know that because it is so far and such a last minute thing, not many of people will be able to make it down to Orlando to see me. I do understand and all the "good lucks" and "best wishes" are just as thoughtful! Thank you for that. A few people have supported with sponsorship and I want to thank them too.

If you want to send me anything while I am in Florida please send it to this address:
Miss District of Columbia's Outstanding Teen
Hope Wiseman; C/O Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819-8122
& here are some rules about sending me stuff:
  • It is strongly suggested that all gifts, letters, and cards arrive at the hotel prior to Thursday, August 13th, 2009. After this date, we cannot guarantee their delivery.

  • Due to pageant scheduling and activities it may take up to 24 hours for delivery or pickup of gifts, letters, and cards to get to the contestants.

  • Gifts, letters, and cards will NOT be accepted at the convention center or theatre at anytime.

  • All gifts, letters, and cards will be screened by security prior to pickup or delivery to the contestant.

  • Per the guidelines set up by the MAO and MAOT due to allergies, for security purposes, and lack of space in the hotel room's flowers will NOT be allowed, however gifts, baskets, and other small items will be appreciated.
Also, if you want to help me in a different way please consider donating to Children's Miracle Network. CMN is the official platform to Miss America and Miss America's Outstanding Teen. My goal is to raise $500 by August 1. I have already raised about $325. $10, $5, or even $1 would help. Click on the following link to donate: Donate to CMN

Thank you all again for all of the support. It does not go unnoticed. =]

XoXo,

Hope Wiseman
Miss District of Columbia's Outstanding Teen 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment